Table of Contents
- 1 How do you use vacant?
- 2 What is the meaning of the word vacant in this sentence?
- 3 How do you use blank in a sentence?
- 4 Does vacant mean empty?
- 5 What is the verb for vacant?
- 6 Who is a vacant person?
- 7 What is a meaning of vacant?
- 8 What is complete sentence?
- 9 What is the difference between unoccupied and vacant?
- 10 What’s the difference between empty and vacant?
- 11 What is the noun of vacant?
- 12 How can you use vacant in a sentence?
- 13 What is an antonym for the word vacant?
- 14 What is the definition of vacant?
How do you use vacant?
Vacant in a Sentence 🔉
- I have to share a room with my brother since the only vacant one does not have air conditioning.
- Looking like a ghost town, it was hard to believe the vacant motel once had a lot of guests.
- Two jobs are vacant at the courthouse and need to be filled immediately.
What is the meaning of the word vacant in this sentence?
adjective. having no contents; empty; void: a vacant niche. having no occupant; unoccupied: no vacant seats on this train. not in use: a vacant room.
How do you use blank in a sentence?
Blank sentence example
- She gave him a blank look.
- Jessi poured herself more coffee, eyes going to the blank iPad calendar.
- The computer screen before him was blank , but he didn’t notice.
- Jonny’s eyes were open and blank , his face pale.
- He was met with a blank stare but kept going.
Does vacant mean empty?
empty, vacant, blank, void, vacuous mean lacking contents which could or should be present. empty suggests a complete absence of contents. an empty bucket vacant suggests an absence of appropriate contents or occupants.
What is the verb for vacant?
vacate. To move out of a dwelling, either by choice or by eviction. To leave an office or position.
Who is a vacant person?
You can use the adjective vacant to describe something that is empty — an apartment with no tenant or furniture, a job with no worker, or a person with no brainpower.
What is a meaning of vacant?
1 : not occupied by an incumbent, possessor, or officer a vacant office vacant thrones. 2 : being without content or occupant a vacant seat on a bus a vacant room. 3 : free from activity or work : disengaged vacant hours. 4 : devoid of thought, reflection, or expression a vacant smile.
What is complete sentence?
A complete sentence has to have a subject and a verb, and the verb has to be a “finite”: A sentence with its main verb in an ‘-ing’ form will not be a complete sentence. *Marge swimming. A sentence with its main verb in an infinitive form (“to” + verb) will not be a complete sentence.
What is the difference between unoccupied and vacant?
When a property is being renovated and the project is limited enough to allow furniture and other personal property to remain, the home is typically considered unoccupied. When the insured has temporarily moved out to facilitate the project and property removed and stored elsewhere, the property is considered vacant.
What’s the difference between empty and vacant?
As adjectives the difference between vacant and empty is that vacant is not occupied; empty while empty is devoid of content; containing nothing or nobody; vacant.
What is the noun of vacant?
noun, plural va·can·cies. the state of beingvacant; emptiness. a vacant, empty, or unoccupied place, as untenanted lodgings or offices: This building still has no vacancies. a gap; opening; breach. an unoccupied position or office: a vacancy on the Supreme Court.
How can you use vacant in a sentence?
Use “vacant” in a sentence. Choose a language, then type a word below to get example sentences for that word. vacant in a sentence. Vacant; are vacant of them. The porch was vacant. to the lot not vacant. Of their vacant space. the still vacant closet. vacant chair next to her.
What is an antonym for the word vacant?
Main entry: vacant. Definition: without an occupant or incumbent. Usage: the throne is never vacant. Antonyms: fill, fill up. Definition: become full. Usage: The pool slowly filled with water; The theater filled up slowly. Antonyms: fill, fill up, make full.
What is the definition of vacant?
Definition of vacant. 1 : not occupied by an incumbent, possessor, or officer a vacant office vacant thrones. 2 : being without content or occupant a vacant seat on a bus a vacant room. 3 : free from activity or work : disengaged vacant hours. 4 : devoid of thought, reflection, or expression a vacant smile.